My Message Here is Threefold:

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Go Away Grumpies

A great children's song came into my mind today because I really woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.  While my husband kept telling me to, "Just be happy" and "Fake it, 'till you make it" and "Tell me you're happy,"  I was reminded of a quote I wrote down once, "There's nothing worse than being spoken to patiently when you're well and truly cross (Beauty Sleep, Dokey)."  Ha!  That is so true, don't you think?  Sometimes cheerful people make me even grumpier when I'm grumpy!  :-)  Fortunately, as the day continued (meaning, a shower and some breakfast and a good household cleaning!), the day turned a bit brighter. 

Sometimes we have a day, a week, a month, a year of "grumpiness."  It's during those moments that we start to wonder if we're really fulfilling our mission and living life with purpose.  We start to allow doubts and fears to envelope us.  It's times like this when I like to remember there is "opposition in all things" and not every day is going to feel blissful or purposeful.  A plaque my sister, Emily, gave me once says, "Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, Life is about dancing in the rain."  Knowing who we are and what our "dancing in the rain" looks like helps immensely in seeing the rainbow through the clouds.

What do you do to send the grumpies away?

No comments:

Post a Comment